Microsoft ASP.NET & Web Services
What Is .NET?
.NET is the Microsoft web services strategy to connect information, people, systems, and devices through software. Integrated across the Microsoft platform, .NET technology provides the ability to quickly build, deploy, manage, and use connected, security-enhanced solutions with web services.
.NET-connected solutions enable businesses to integrate their systems more rapidly and in a more agile manner and help them realise the promise of information anytime, anywhere, on any device.
What Are Web Services?
If you ask a developer what web services are, you'll hear something like, "self-describing software modules, semantically encapsulating discrete functionality, wrapped in and accessible via standard Internet communication protocols like XML and SOAP."
They will also tell you that web Services are the building blocks for implementing a Service Oriented Architecture (SOA).
But if you ask a business leader who has implemented web service-based solutions, you'll get a different kind of answer.
You'll hear that web services are an approach that helps the business connect with its customers, trading partners, and employees.
Web Services enable the business to extend existing services to new customers. They help the business work more efficiently with its partners and suppliers. They unlock information so it can flow to every employee who needs it. They reduce development time and expense for new projects.
You'll hear less about what web services are and more about what they enable the business to do.
Benefits of Web Services
By enabling applications to share data across different hardware platforms and operating systems, web services provide many benefits, including:
- Opening the door to new business opportunities by making it easy to connect with partners
- Delivering dramatically more personal, integrated experiences to users through the new breed of smart devices—including PCs
- Saving time and money by cutting development time
- Increasing revenue streams by enabling businesses to easily make their own web services available to others
DotNetWise & Microsoft .NET
As a word-wide Microsoft Bizspark Partner, DotNetWise have extensive skills and expertise with Microsoft .NET and we can quickly help your organisation implement a solution based on it.
We specialise in helping organisations in the e-commerce services sector build and deploy connected solutions. Whether it's integrating with trading partners or providing self-service capabilities to your clients or connecting your employees we can assist you.
Our technical people at all levels are Microsoft Certified, usually in multiple categories. Our senior technical architects have extensive experience working with e-commerce services organisations designing, building and deploying critical business systems.
You'll also find that our people are the complete antithesis of the typical stereotype technologist.
First and foremost, our people are customer-oriented i.e. they want to help you and your business achieve success. These are people who believe in saying "Yes it can be done" and then making it happen.
The services we can offer include:
- Business Analysis. Working with you to define the requirements for new applications
- Technology Consulting. When you need help with technology selection or troubleshooting existing systems etc
- Guidance on establishing a Service Oriented Architecture (SOA)
- System design and architecture. Making sure that the foundations of your system are right before you build it
- Software Development. When you need a new system built or you need additional assistance on your team
- Skills transfer so that your people become self-sufficient with Microsoft .NET
Find out how we can help you.
To find out how we can help you implement your solution using Microsoft .NET please contact us.